- Impactful communicator, effectively relaying complicated concepts clearly to varied audiences through well-developed communications strategies and materials.
- Agile communications business partner, successfully managing both routine and unexpected tasks quickly while ensuring high standards for accuracy and results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, edit and ensure clarity of internal and external communication, including writing for the web, e-newsletters, press releases, marketing materials and social media.
- Practical knowledge of social media for business, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn. Some HTML experience.
Master of Science, Journalism – Advertising and Public Relations, 2009
Texas Christian University
President, TCU Graduate Student Senate (2007-2008)
Bachelor of Science, Journalism, 2005
Texas A&M University
Manager, Internal Communications
Alcon (a Novartis company), Fort Worth, Texas
July 2011 – Present
- Developed comprehensive internal communications plans and materials for HR-related changes, including benefits, compensation philosophy, policies, processes and systems, following Novartis acquisition of Alcon in 2011.
- Led development and execution of first-ever quality communications campaign for 24 manufacturing sites globally.
- Crafted communications strategy and materials for global employee survey reaching more than 24,000 associates, achieving 80% response rate.
- Drafted and implemented change communications for 24-month office renovation project impacting more than 2,000 associates.
- Drive the creation, management and production of high-quality and engaging internal communications strategies and materials for multiple business functions, including Research and Development, Human Resources, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance.
- Provide strategic counsel to executives and senior leaders within global functions to help achieve communications goals and identify the most effective and compelling ways of delivering messages at global, regional and local levels.
- Manage service providers and full-time contract employee.
Communication Specialist II
Alcon (a Novartis company), Fort Worth, Texas
March 2010 – July 2011
- Streamlined process for creation of global e-newsletter, reducing email volume of editorial team for each issue and cutting production time in half.
- Developed process for translation of internal global communications into 12 languages, ensuring consistent translations and reviews for all messages related to the Novartis acquisition of Alcon in 2011.
- Implemented new, interactive features on internal communications, allowing employees to rate and share articles with ease.
- Developed, deployed and analyzed results for company’s first-ever global communication survey, utilizing findings to improve existing communications.
- Led editorial process for primary global employee communications tool, including editorial meetings, issue planning, calendar creation and primary contribution of content.
- Ensured high-quality, on-time delivery of all corporate communications projects through project management, content creation, video concepts and scripting, and editorial/proofreading support.
- Provided regular communications support – including project management, content development and editing – as needed for Sales and Marketing, Global IT, Manufacturing, Legal and Finance departments.
Media Relations Specialist
First Command Financial Services, Fort Worth, Texas
May 2008 – March 2010
- Increased media placements for First Command in local financial advisor markets by more than 50%.
- Named company’s Field Service Superstar in February 2010 for exceptional service to company’s field employees.
- Received Best of Texas Award for Feature Writing from the Texas Public Relations Association, for a human interest piece published in the company’s client-facing magazine.
- Served as managing editor and chief contributor for client-facing print magazine reaching more than 250,000 households, and successfully transitioned magazine to online publication.
- Proactively generated timely ideas for reaching local and national media.
- Managed corporate social media initiatives, including Twitter and Facebook presence, ensuring compliance with both internal and external regulatory authorities.
- Developed editorial calendars and provided timely and topical articles for bi-monthly women’s personal finance e-newsletter and bi-monthly newsletter for federal employees.
- Generated relevant, specific retirement-, investment- and financial planning-focused articles for financial adviser use with clients, prospects and local media outlets.
AmeriCredit Corp., Fort Worth, Texas
June 2007 – April 2008
- Drafted and edited press releases for company events, awards and for quarterly earnings announcements.
- Served as contact for unsolicited media inquiries.
- Generated multiple employee-facing intranet articles monthly, relaying new business initiatives and featuring relevant interviews with executives and employees.
- Provided ideas and wrote content for quarterly internal magazine.
Saint Joseph School, Bryan, Texas
October 2004 – March 2006
- Drafted and distributed press releases about school events, awards and student achievements to local media.
- Created weekly newsletter of campus happenings for students, parents and faculty, including content, photography and design.
- Public Relations Society of America, Fort Worth Chapter
- Leadership Fort Worth – Leading Edge Class of 2011
- Marketing Chair, Board of Directors, Fort Worth Sister Cities International (2013)
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-16299705-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);